"We lived in different cities when we first met, and once a month he’d come to visit me. The first time he made the trip, I woke up at 2 AM, and he was singing outside my window with three guitar players. There was a popular song back then called ‘Gema,’ and he changed it to my name, ‘Gena.’"
"Can you remember the words?"
"Eres la gema que Dios convirtiera en mujer para bien de mi vida.
Por eso quise cantar y gritar que te quiero mujer consentida.”
[You are the gem that God turned into woman to make my life better.
Thats why I want to sing and shout that I love you, beautiful woman.]”
(Mexico City, Mexico)
1) I wish I worked at my new job sooner. The atmosphere, the people, the vibe…it’s almost like Mixology! Haha this dork’s just kidding, I promise.
2) As much as it hurts, I promised myself no fall shopping until I get my closet shit together. Ladies, it works.
3) A friend visited me recently and was shocked at the behavior of the dudes on campus compared to the guys on her campus. I went to her school for the weekend and let’s just say I couldn’t say shit. It really made me want to study Sociology again..
4) If there’s anything I love my mom for, it’s her mothafuckin’ bomb ass arrozcaldo.
4) Speaking of moms, one of the guys I’ve been seeing is from Wales, a serious boxer, finishing up school to be a physical therapist, insanely taller than me, Burberry handsome if there’s even such a thing, haha…all of this is great but the thing that stood out the most was his relationship with his family and friends, but especially his mom. I’m enjoying playing the field but this one stands out. We’ll see though, it’s gonna be awhile.
5) Aziz Ansari live and the pier after for a first date this Friday…alright, I see you bro.
6) Quotes that solidified my friendships with some of the new women in my life:
"I didn’t choose the thot life, the thot life chose me." - E
“Haha I’m Karen since I can’t tell the difference between affect &
effect, you’re Gretchen with your big hair, and Lindsay can be our
Regina.” - A
"I love your shoes, they make you look so sexual." - D
7) Halloween is just right around the corner so you know what that means! It’s time for me to put the “Monster Mash” as my CallerTunes on my cellular. Don’t hate.
8) I really hope my sister gets better soon. She’s my best friend.
9) Family isn’t perfect but it’s still everything. I’m really lucky to have such a huge one that everyone can be there for each other in times of need. Time and time again, it has always helped me become wiser with who I should surround the majority of my time with because friends should be just like family and nothing less or in the middle. I’m sorry for all the mistakes I made, I got what I deserved.
10) You made your bed…so continue laying in it, no?
i swear my sister was the mom from mean girls the night i was getting ready for my house’s first party. already hungry and ready to leave, i was none too enthused to be included in her snap story, hence my face. bitchier than usual, right?
the party was a lot of fun but there was all sorts of damage control to be had -nothing too stressful, but exhausting in thigh high boots. FF to walking into your apartment after a long night in your mathletes costume, all you want to do is sleep but then you open your roommate’s door first to see if he’s okay. except it’s not him in is room - it’s a boy from your past, with something to share in his hands.
Pahingi. PLEASE. :(
the kwek-kwek & taho would so hit the spot right now. missing you, my manila childhood.